Saturday, October 23, 2010

No Whole Brain Radiation

Hi - sorry that I have not updated the Blog lately - let's just say, that life has gotten in the way. And, for the most part, that is a very good thing! Life in itself is a good thing. It is nice to be alive. "Having a life" is a good thing as well. It is nice to be back to some "normal" activities. But, as we all know, even the normal activities can be time consuming and stressful. For those who have not been updated, I have been rather busy - house floods, dear friend's wedding and reception, out-of-town guests, celebration, and lots and lots of doctor's and therapy appointments.

A lot of people have been asking, and I am sorry that it took me so long to let you know my decision, but after the consultation with the Radiation Oncologist, I wanted to consult with my Oncologist. Then, of course, the Oncologist sent me to see a Neurologist. So, eventhough my decision did not change, I wanted to be certain of my decision before broadcasting it to everyone. I have decided NOT to have whole brain radiation. It was a tough decision. So many risks involved on both sides. At this time, with the cancer gone, I am not willing to take the risks of having the radiation.

I will give you more updates later. But for now, know that all things on the cancer front seem to be going well - I will be having another brain MRI in late November.

For now "Go Ravens" and keep sending the positive thoughts and prayers!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to hear that. I just know you're on your road to full recovery and you'll be back here at work soon!!! :)

    xx
    Kim

    ReplyDelete