Wednesday, January 5, 2011

"The Ultimate Goal of All Goals is Happiness"

"The Ultimate Goal of All Goals Is Happiness" - I read that quote by Deepak Chopra in today's newspaper. There was a short interview with Chopra, a self-help guru, regarding New Year's resolutions. It is funny, but I have not really thought about any resolutions this year - one would think that I would have had a lot of them after the year that I had (or more like year and a half!). I know who Chopra is, but don't think that I have ever really read any of his works or heard him speak or anything, but what he said in the interview intrigued me greatly. He said that "what people most want is happiness". He referenced research on happiness and said that it shows the following things: "Happy people always look for opportunities where others are seeing crisis. Happy people have meaning and purpose in their lives. Happy poople are creative, and happy people know how to make other people happy. They're very good at building relationships, not networking but building authentic relationships." I am going to ponder that for a while, but I guess that I now know what my New Year's Resolution is - to be happy. I am just not sure what exactly I need to do to achieve happiness, but I will work on it! If I figure out the answer, I will let you know, but for now, I will at least seek the answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment