Wednesday, November 17, 2010

LOST AND FOUND

If you have followed by Blog, you know that I spent last Christmas in the hospital and just prior to Christmas, I was very very sick. Well, I had tried to prepare for Christmas and bought some presents in advance,etc. I put those presents away and told my family where to find them to prepare for Christmas Day while I was in the hospital. Well, late Christmas Eve, my sister discovered that I did not have a present for Hannah (who was 9 at the time). We remembered buying it and I thought that it was in a gift bag, but no one could find it. Bonnie and my parents looked everywhere, but no present for Hannah. Well, it was too late to buy anything and I had some cute pencils and pad of paper and I had my sister wrap them so that I would have something to hand to Hannah when she visited me in the hospital on Christmas. I was totally upset and frustrated over the whole thing - probably much more than I should have been. Hannah took it all in stride and was not overly concerned. I promised to make it up to her after Christmas, and eventually I did. Well, as these things go - I have been trying to get some organization in my house and am cleaning out some closets, etc. Low and behold, I found Hannah's Christmas gifts! I was so excited and was just positive that they were somewhere in my house. Well, they were hidden under a shelf in a coset and could only be seen if you were on the floor and looking into the closet. (That is actually how I found the box - I was crawling on the floor with the closet open trying to find something that I had dropped and thought that it rolled into the closet!) I know, a totally wacky story, but sort of a full circle kind of thing. I had been so frazzled by the lost presents and now I know that they were here the whole time - just not findable. The really cute outfit that I bought for Hannah back then will not fit her now, but it is more the principal of it.

2 comments:

  1. So sweet. It was meant to be. You should take that outfit and have someone turn it into a little blanket or a pillow to always have a story for her to remember.

    Kim R.
    Venable

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea! One of the presents was an outfit for her Amerian Girl doll and she was very excited to have it. But, it reminded her that I promised to take her to NYC to the American Doll Store. Well, I have had to promise again, but I told her that I can't take NYC in the cold, so she has to wait until the Spring! Yes, I am looking forward to Spring already. Debbie

    ReplyDelete