Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The "hip" thing

If you have been following the Blog, you know that my hip/leg has been bothering me. I have seen several doctors and finally had an MRI and have now consulted with two different orthopaedic surgeons. Well - I don't like what either of them has had to say! SCREAM, SCREAM, SCREAM. Okay, I am done venting, now it is time to take some action. Of course, the two doctors don't say the same exact thing - but the bottom line with any treatment is that I need surgery! I know, believe me, the last thing in the world that I wanted to have to do anytime soon was go back to the hospital and have surgery - no way. Well, I don't think that I have a choice. I am going to weigh the options and procedures; decide between surgeons and hospitals; and formulate a time-line and plan. I hope to have some decisions made and a plan in motion early next week. Details to follow. As you can imagine, I have gone between shock and anger, but at least I know that it is not cancer. So, good news. Annoying news, but good news too.

2 comments:

  1. CRAP, Debbie~!!! Have you formulated a date yet for surgery? Just think of it as one more short hurdle and then your LIFE back!! Hang in there for the last ride. You can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Looks like surgery is January 24th - I'll keep you posted.

    ReplyDelete