Saturday, December 11, 2010

THINGS TO BE THANKFUL FOR - A YEAR LATER

On December 11, 2009, I rode in an ambulance and don't even remember it! Even knowing that surgery and another hospital stay is in my future, my December and beginning of the holiday season 2010 is WAY better than last years. As an odd coincidence, I spent part of today at Towson Town Center and I saw the Santa that I waited in line last year to have my picture taken with. I didn't bother this year - it was weird, I recognized him immediately and then the memories of what followed struck me. Yes, some memories are still buried, like the ambulance ride, but others - the needles, hallucinations, therapy, swallowing problems, learning to walk again, etc., yes, those memories are still fresh. But, today, instead of being admitted to the hospital, I woke up early, did some Christmas shopping, I had dinner with my parents, checked up on some friends on Face Book, chatted with my sister on the phone and am getting ready to climb into my very own bed in my own home. Yes, things are a lot better this year! Lots to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment