Saturday, February 5, 2011

Weird Sense of Deja Vu

There is snow on the ground, I am freezing, using a walker, not sleeping well, partially immobile and recovering again. I feel like I have done this all before! Yes, weird sense of Deja Vu. The first week after the surgery were very painful and restrictive, but things are getting better now. It is still totally uncomfortable to sleep and difficult to get in and out of bed, but I am moving about more and the pain is manageable. I think that this recovery is more of a mental strain than physical at this point. I just got back to leading a more independent life and now I am totally dependent again. Yuck! I do know that this time it is just "recovery" from surgery, I am not "sick". So, all things considered, I am in a much better place than the last time that I was learning to walk again. I know that I am very fortunate and I know that I have the strength and determination to recover from the hip replacement surgery. Soon, I truly will be well and hopefully m life will move forward. Soon.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh, but there is a spotlight at the end of this tunnel. I can't wait to see you doing the two step with your new bionic hip; you're so close now. Hang in there!!!

    Love ya,

    Kim R.

    ReplyDelete