Thursday, December 22, 2011

Good Things

I thought that I would reflect on a couple of good things that have been going on and/or happening in or around my life. They are in no sort of order - sort of rambling thoughts, but here goes:

Today, I met a friend in Little Italy for lunch. I had forgotten just how good Chipparelli's salad could be! There was a nice crowd and happy atmosphere - most people were festive and in the holiday spirit. My ravioli were delicious and the home made bread was crusty on the outside and soft on the inside - just the way it should be. A good meal and good conversation. Well worth the effort of getting downtown!

I was given an early Christmas present of tickets to see The Lion King at the Hippodrome. I took Hannah and we both thoroughly enjoyed it. I have always like the musical and this production lived up to my expectations - good singing, good dancing and the puppetry was wonderful. It was nice to spend the one-on-one time with Hannah. She is growing up so quickly. She loved the animals - especially the giraffes "on stilts" and the hyenas. She also loved that our seats were in the front row of the balcony and that we were able to go into the private Lexus lounge during intermission. It was a great night and hopefully, a memory that Hannah will always cherish.

I had a really good day yesterday - it really put me in the Christmas spirit (even if the temperatures around her are in the 50's!). Early in the day, my dad, Bonnie and I met at St. Michael's to see Hannah play a lamb in the story of the birth of Jesus. It was just a bunch of school kids, but hearing the story and singing the Christmas hymns really made it feel like the holidays. Afterwards, Bonnie, Hannah and I had a quiet lunch at Friday's and then went to take cookies to Joyce and Brian's house. Joyce's house is so warm and inviting, we just chilled and chatted. Her grandbaby, Hunter, was there and we all enjoyed visiting with him - such a beautiful and happy baby. The house was decorated beautifullyand the Christmas tree was perfect. We munched on some delicious cookies - Joyce made Red Velvet Cookies with Cream Cheece Ising - I had never heard of them, nor had them before, but they were really good. Bonnie and I had planned to do so many things that day, but what we did was the best - we visited with Joyce and Brian and Hunter and each other. We relaxed and enjoyed the company and conversation. It really was a great way to spend the day. I realized something important today, sometimes you just have to stop and enjoy the moment and the company of others - that really is what the holidays are supposed to be about!

No comments:

Post a Comment