Monday, January 30, 2012

"Red Solo Cup" and other stuff on my mind

I woke up kind of down. Another surgery ahead of me. Heading towards yet another annoying medical test. Uncertainty about benefits. Thinking of some friends who recently had family illnesses and other bad things to deal with. Anyway, I was feeling blue and rushing along and I switched on the radio and heard a fairly new country song called "Red Solo Cup". I believe that Toby Keith sings it. Well, it was such a simple song and sentiment, but I found myself smiling from ear to ear and after a few moments, I was singing along. "Red solo cup, I fill you up, let's have a party!" Too funny. Well, it cheered me up all day. Sometimes it really is the little things that can make or break your day. Laughter truly is the best medicine sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment