Saturday, April 24, 2010

Walk Down Memory Lane

I got up early one morning this week (my parents needed to wake me on their way to Walmart at 7:30 am, so it was easier to just get up). I did some basic stuff around the house (made my bed and put my clothes away, nothing big) and did my exercises and then went to AC Moore with my mom and dad - dad needed a part for a clock that died (he spent more money on the clock part than the whole clock was worth) And then I went to White Marsh Mall with my mom for a little while. The physical therapist wanted to know if I could walk around and shop for at least 30 minutes, so I decided to do something that I had been thinking of while at the mall. I had found some black and white 35 mm negatives at my house the other day and all that I could remember of them is that they were from a photography class that I took in college (most likely from 1978 or 1980). The actual prints were lost in a basement flood years ago, so I couldn't really remember what they were, so I took them to RITZ to see if they could print them for me. What a walk down memory lane! Most of the pictures were weird stuff (eggs, bread, etc.) - maybe they were requirements or something. There are pictures of the Inner Harbor and there is no Harbor Place there. There is a picture of my dad and he is so thin with this goatee thing on his face. My mom and sister were super thin in the pictures also. There are also pictures of my cousin Tami and her brother Justin (maybe 10 and 8), they were so funny - Justin was in some kind of costume - I can't wait to show the pictures to them. Anyway, it was worth the money to have them printed, just for the laughs I have had. My dad has been going through a big box of pictures (old black and whites and polaroids) in his spare time. Some of them are hysterical - the hair styles are often the only indication of the time-frame of the pictures. Anyway, the photograph thing is one of my "to-do" projects and has been for about 20 years (yes - photographs and recipes overrun my house!). Some day I will put all of my photographs in albums in chronological order! SOMEDAY. And soon after that, I will put all of my recipes in one place. SOMEDAY. I guess that they are both projects for a rainy day. One would think that I could have been working on stuff like that in-between chemotherapy treatments, but it is mostly a logistics problem. The photographs, etc. are at my house and I am not. Moving them back and forth is way too confusing. And doing anything in the hospital is a nightmare. I tried to do Christmas cards and that got all goofed up - I barely sent out any and the ones that did go out probably had breakfast stains on them - not much room to work in the hospital. Well, I guess that I was not in as good of shape at Christmastime as I am now, so it was partially my fault. Well, I did try to get a little bit of the picture projectit done. The dozen or so black and white prints that I picked up at the mall are now totally organized in a photo album!. Small steps, sub maybe someday!
Anyway, to continue my walk in the mall story, my mom and I then stopped at Wockenfuss and bought some 75% off Easter candy and ate it while we walked around the mall. (So much for healty exercise) That was my excitement of the day. And yes, I did walk for over 30 minutes in the mall, but when we left, I almost couldn't make it to the car. My legs were like jelly. I totally overdid it! My parents were so upset with me - I had to climb the stairs one at a time to get in the house. I had to come home and collapse on the sofa. I feel okay now - just a little achy in the hips and knees. I guess that I am not giving up physical therapy yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment