Friday, July 30, 2010

PRESENT #1 from Nurse

During my last chemo treatment hospital stay, I received some presents (gifts) from nurses. I am a "regular" on the fourth floor of the hospital now and most of the chemo nurses know me. It is sort of like that song from the tv show "Cheers" - "where everybody knows your name". Although, I think that I would prefer if everyone knew my name when I went to a fine restaurant or bar and NOT at the hospital! Well, aside from the good care and chit chat that I usually share with the nurses (the night shift nurses are usually more chatty than the day shift ones), a couple of nurses brought me presents. One nurse, who always discusses food and the state of the Hamilton/Lauraville section of Baltimore (near where I live) brought me a really yummy breakfast bar/cookie that she said was healthy. I don't know aobut healthy, but it sure was good. She sells her baked goods at a farmers market in Lauraville and I think to a couple of restaurants and we have discussed it before. She was not even my nurse, but saw my name on the patient roster and brought me a treat. So nice! So yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment