Friday, July 30, 2010

PRESENT #2 from Nurse

One of the chemo nurses came in to visit me on her day off because she realized that I would be in the hospital the week that she was not working. Nurse Karen has taken care of me a few times and we get along great and she will usually stop in and chit chat if she has a minute and fill me in or her daughter's wedding plans and her other daughter's hope to be a chef. Well, she made me a pillow case and cross stitched Tinkerbelle on it. She wanted me to have it on the day that I started my next to last chemo treatment because she knew that it would make me happy. She remembered that my routine when starting a chemotherapy session. After being admitted to the hospital, I change my clothes and usually start the day in my Tinkerbelle Pajamas (except once when I forgot them). Especially in my early chemo days, I would sometimes change them a couple of times a day, and if my parents took them home, they would wash them and bring them back for me to wear, because I I always start out with Tink. (My poor parents have more laundry to do when I am in the hospital than when I am not!). I don't know if wearing the Tink pajamas was intentional or not and it may have been something that I decided with my neice Hannah, we both like Tinkerbelle. But it has become my routine and Nurse Karen made me a matching pillow case to go with my pajamas. It is so adorable! She wanted me to be able to have it in the hospital while wearing my Tink pj's and getting my next to last chemo! It was so thoughtful and really well done - she is very talented. She even used sparkly thread around Tink's wings. So, when I go in for my August 23rd treatment, I'll wear my Tink pj's and carry my Tink pillow case with me!

1 comment:

  1. Wow Deb you must be a pretty good patient to be getting all those presents. That was so thoughtful of your nurses. I'm sure being the kind person you are made it easy for them. I know you are anxious to get this last treatment over with. (Just in time to start watching the Ravens) Hope to see you soon.
    Love, Joyce

    ReplyDelete