Monday, November 23, 2009

HAIR and FATIGUE

Hair is usually very important to a woman, but with me and these circumstances, the hair falls into the "if it doesn't hurt, I don't care about it category".  Bonnie buzzed as much of it as possible off, prior to last treatment, but it is falling out big time now.  I can't wait until it is gone.  I feel like a shedding dog - everywhere I go, I leave a trail of little black hairs (okay - there are some grays in their too).   Icky, but no pain.  I think that I will owe my parents some major rug cleaning when we finish up with all this stuff!  
I have been a real fashionista at my treatments - matching my scarves and hats to my pajamas.  I keep the nurses entertained - I will put the scarf on backwards across my eyes (too many lights on in the hospital) , so that when they come in to do my vitals, I look like a bank robber trying to cover my face!  Well, it amuses me, I am just assuming that it amuses them too.  Mom bought me a Christmas scarf when we were leaving the hospital last week - but it had to go into the cupboard - I do not believe in Christmas decorations, etc. until AFTER THANKSGIVING!  Let's at least try to not rush past everything before it happens. 
Aside from the shedding, the biggest difference between Chemo #1 and Chemo #2 has been fatigue.  One minute, I am talking on the phone or reading a magazine and the next minute, I am sound asleep.  It is a weird feeling - total exhaustion in seconds.  It takes me forever to do anything - I have to rest after eating breakfast(opening a yogurt takes a lot of energy)!  Weird thing - yogurt has become one of my favorite foods in the world - not exactly sure why and I can't eat the kind with all the fruit that I used to - so it is just the plain or vanilla varieties, but I just have to have one for breakfast every day.  It must be a texture thing - lots of stuff feels really yucky in my mouth, but yogurt feels okay.  My mom and dad have bought every kind of yogurt for me to try - Greek, Organic, Soy, etc.  They all seem to taste the same, it is just that some are thicker.      

No comments:

Post a Comment