Saturday, November 21, 2009

IPOD

I am not one of those people that rushes into change - most especially anything technological.  A legal pad and a #2 pencil really are my favorite way to go!  I finally signed up for home internet and a week later, I am in the hospital with a brain tumor - hmm - can I blame technology?  Overload of information - too much for me?  Anyway, I have never had an IPOD, it was on my "really need list" for a long long time, but it just never really happened.  Well, Bonnie and the kids loaded some show tunes and Josh Groban music to a mini pink IPOD for me an it helps me get though the long hours in the hospital.  WOW - how much easier can listening to music be?  Give Apple a big gold star from me - it is an incredible invention!  

Well, this show tune thing and all the news this week about the upcoming movie version of "Nine" has brought me to a dilemma and I am sure that there is someone (I swear that I overheard it in the office hallway one day) that has a contraption that will convert an album (you know one of those antiquated platter kind of things) into some sort of digital system that could be downloaded onto an IPOD.  I already searched the web and no one seems to sell the CD version of the original Raul Julia Cast Album of "Nine" (it won a Tony Award!)  I have always loved that version of the musical.  The Antonio Banderas version is okay and I have it on CD and I am sure that I will get the new movie version when it comes out at Christmas time (interesting that they would cast a musical with all non-musical people), but if someone knows of a way to get this album put on my POD, I would deeply appreciate the information.  No critical timing - I have plenty enough other music - someone just sent me some Lord of the Rings music - I can't wait to listen to it.  Thanks for everything - I'll update you again soon.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Debbie, It appears I forgot to give you my email address. Drop me a line or give me call when you feel like a few days in the country.
    marblevi3@aol.com

    ReplyDelete