Sunday, May 9, 2010

MOTHER'S DAY - IN APPRECIATION

Today is Mother's Day and I am very appreciative that I am fortunate enough to have my mom alive and a part of my life. Everyone has probably heard me complain about my mom and her over protectiveness or her obsession with food and eating and/or feeding people. Mom can also cause me to go from perfectly calm to absolutely stressed out in a matter of seconds. We all complain about the people that we love and I know that I complain about my mom, but I also know that I love my mom and that I am really lucky to have her. And of course, I don't just mean now, because I need mom to help me out during my illness - yes she has surely done that. But no, I appreciate mom for all of the years of my life and all the sacrifices that she made for me and my brother and sister. Mom is part of a different generation that didn't worry as much about their daughters being educated - the bigger worry with daughters is that they find a suitable husband. Although my mom has always worried about me finding a suitable husband (and she still is worrying about it!), she made sure that all of her children graduated from high school. My mom also encouraged us to further our education - Bonnie went on to barber school and I went on to graduate from college. Well, Tony is another story - let us just say that he became very street smart, ut he has worked in many different occupations - everything from construction to short order cook! Well - remember to give your mom a big hug today. I know that I will give mine a hug and I'll let her know just how much I love her and also that I appreciate her very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment