Wednesday, June 9, 2010

DRIVING EVALUATION - PART 1 - I PASSED IT - YEAH

Well, finally, I took the first part of the Adaptive Driving Evaluation that I am required to take prior to the MVA deciding if I can retain my drivers license. By Maryland Law, I am required to notify the MVA regarding my license for two reasons: (1) the brain sugery is considered a "traumatic brain injury" and (2) any loss of vision must be reported to the MVA and I experience some loss of the peripheral vision in my left eye (due to the tumor and possibly the surgery to remove the tumor). My oncologist gave me a prescription for the Adaptive Driving Evaluation which initially consists of two parts. The first part was a series of tests to check my reflexes, multi-tasking abilities, vision, depth of perception, etc. It was much more difficult than I thought that it would be and all of the tests had to be done in a certain amount of time. Well, I passed the first part! I take the second part next week, which is the actual driving portion of the evaluation. After that, all of the data is sent to the MVA and they will make a determination to restrict or void my current license or to require additional testing and/or training, etc. Keep your fingers crossed - I am tired of being Miss Daisy. If I don't get to keep my license, I will not be a happy camper!

No comments:

Post a Comment