Saturday, June 19, 2010

DRIVING EVALUATION - PART 2 - I PASSED, BUT ???

Well, you can probably already tell that I am totally frustrated. I passed the first part of the driving evaluation and at the end of the second part of the evaluation (which was the actual on-road driving part), I was told that I did very well and that I passed. So, I was so happy that I could burst with joy and then the driving therapist told me that she would recommend to the MVA that I needed 3 or 4 driving classes with a therapist (BTW - they cost $100.00 per hour!). Can you believe that - I passed, but still have to take special driving classes???!! She explained to me that I didn't just have a vision issue, but a brain issue and she felt that it was in everyone's best interest for me to take the classes and learn to be a better and safer driver with my disability. I didn't know whether to cry or scream! On top of the taking classes and the money, there is a timing issue. In order to fit the classes in-between my chemo treatments and into the therapists schedule, it means that I won't complete the classes until the end of August! At that point, she will still have to send all the test results and paperwork to the MVA - and we all know just how quick the MVA is! Oh, and on tope of that, she believes that the MVa will require that I retake the written and driving parts of the Maryland Driver Certification. Well, I am certain that that costs even more money and time, etc. I just can't believe that this driving thing is going to get dragged out for many more months - SCREAM!

No comments:

Post a Comment