Saturday, June 5, 2010

WHERE DID THE WEEK GO?

I feel like I was discharged from the hospital just hours ago, not a whole week ago! Time out of the hospital just flies by. I didn't do much this week because I was feeling a little under the weather. I am getting some of my strength back and am not as congested. The doctor did a chest x-ray, and it was okay, so no worries of pneumonia. I just need to rest, drink fluids, take my antibiotics and get better. It is funny how a little congestion is such a worry when you have other issues (like a chemotherapy treatment schedule to keep). In my pre-cancer life, I would get a sinus attack or bad cold and take some over the counter medicines, rest a little and get better without any worries. Now - I stress over every cough and of course, even the thought of pneumonia is a nightmare thought. This road to recovery sure is full of interesting challenges and new perspectives on what is no big deal and what is not.
One really nice thing that I was able to do this weekend was that I was well enough to attend a surprise birthday party at Fogo De Chao for my friend Janet. Fogo De Chao is a churrascaria, also known as a Brazilian Steakhouse. I have been to a restaurant like this in New York City once, but had not been to Fogo De Chao on Pratt Street yet. It is an interesting concept - a giant "salad" bar containing salad fixings and smoked meats and cheeses. The salad bar itself was more than enough food, but there was also cooked, beef, lamb, and pork, etc. carried around on giant skewers by gauchos and sliced for individuals tableside. It was quite interesting watching all the skewers of meat be carried around the restaurant - sort of like a ballet of food. I am sure that all of the food was fabulous and I know that the meat was tender and juicy, but my taste buds are not what they usually are, so I can not be a good food critic right now. What I do know is that Janet has a wonderful famiily and group of friends that really love and respect her and that I was really honored to be invited to such a fun celebration. It was really a nice evening.

1 comment:

  1. And I was so happy that you were there!!!!! You were the real "suprise" of my suprise party. It was so good to see you.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete