Sunday, September 12, 2010

BUSY WEEK - Part 1 - Sore Leg/Hip

I have had a really busy week. The time since the last chemotherapy treatment has just flown by. This week was full of appointments and paperwork and some fun social stuff too. I am still feeling very fatigued and then I pulled a muscle or something in my leg/hip area and have been limping ever since. Sunday and Monday, the pain was very intense. I was really distraught about the leg thing - I just didn't think that it was fair for me to have pain and an injury when I am finally beginning to feel better from all the other medical stuff that I have endured. Rather selfish of me, I know. It is a lot easier to be upbeat and positive when feeling good. It is more difficult , but probably more important, to be upbeat and positive when not feeling so well! By Wednesday, my leg seemed to be getting better, but I mainly stayed off of it and rested. On Thursday, I started out walking well, but it went downhill from there. I had my parents really worried. I was limping and a bit wobbly and in a lot of pain. I know, I should have gone to the doctor - it is just that in my mind, I knew that it was going to get better, but I wasn't doing much to make it get better. Also, I think that there is that little bit of fear deep down inside that thought that the sore leg was somehow treatment or cancer related and I just didn't want the bad news. I know that I was being silly. I know that even if it was bad, I should have pursued a diagnosis - it is better to know bad news then to live with the fear of bad news. Again, a lot of things are easier to deal with and/or to know in retrospect. It is also very easy to give other people advise, but much harder to take your own advice. Well, my leg seems to be getting better and stronge each day. If it is not better by Wednesday, I will check with the doctor (I already made an appointment).

No comments:

Post a Comment