Sunday, September 26, 2010

FUNNY STINK BUG STORY (Involves Driving Test)

So, I was a nervous wreck and was at the MVA to take my driving test. I don't know why, but I was super worried about the parallel parking. It was hot and me and dad were three cars back in the line and things were moving slowly. The air conditioning was blasting. Dad was getting antsy and we were watching as each Driving Examiner came out and took a person through the test. All the waiting ws making me a little more nervous. The first examiner was a rather large woman with a big, happy smile. I wanted her to be my examiner, but she wasn't. She did a quick check of the first car in line, got in the car and took off with her student. The second examiner was an older man with a totally grouchy look on his face. He stood outside in the heat and just looked mean. After a while, he took the next car in line and spent a super long time going over the car and checking it out. I thought that he was going to fail the person before even getting on the road. He never cracked a smile. I was really getting nervous now. I did not want him to administer my test. In the meantime, another examiner, a sort of heavy guy with a happy smile, returned from the course with a young girl. The girl was doing a little victory dance in the parking lot and her mom (I think it was her mom) ran across the parking lot and hugged her and the examiner and they all were so happy. Anyone nearby could tell that she had passed and was very very happy. The mom and examiner were all happy too. Well, I was sad. The woman examiner had not come back and I guessed that the happy guy examiner would take a break and I would get whoever came out next (or the grouchy guy would come back). Well, the happy guy went inside and we just sat there. It was probably only five minutes, but felt like an hour. Then the happy examiner guy came out and walked up to my car. He was very pleasant, checked that my dad was a licensed driver and then took the seat next to me to begin the test. He was friendly and nice and immediately put me at ease. He performed a quick check of the car and then we were heading down the course to the parellel parking. As soon as we took off, I noticed a bug out of my left eye. It seemed really big and it was moving along my left side window and IT WAS INSIDE THE CAR! I glanced over and realized that it was moving really close to me. I didn't want to interrupt the test, we had already started down the course, but I was afraid that I would crash if the bug jumped on me. So, I causually asked the examiner if I could stop. He looked concerned. I quickly rambled on about the bug and that it was crawling towards me. He said - "yes, that is a stink bug, get that thing out of the car, but don't crush it"! I quickly stopped the car and opened the door and shooed the bug out the window. After all that commotion, I was a bit nervous starting up again, but quickly calmed down and continued on to the parallel parking! Anyway, that is my funny stink bug story.

1 comment:

  1. really? how many stink bugs did you encounter when you drove your car?

    ReplyDelete