Sunday, September 26, 2010

Driving Test - Yes, I passed.

Okay, if you read the previous stink bug story, you know that I took the driving test and was rather nervous. After getting rid of the stink bug, I calmed down and parallel parked. Yes, I did it in 1.5 minutes (I was allowed 3 minutes) - smoothly and efficiently. I was very proud of myself. I performed the three point turn (or turn-around, as they call it now) and completed the remainder of the course. After that, we headed out to the open road and I even had to drive through a traffic circle (aka roadabout). I hate roundabouts! I did very well and I only lost 3 points throughout the whole driving test. (I know that I lost one point for failing to signal when pulling out of the parking space, but not sure about the other points). I was so excited to pass - I am not sure why I was so nervous. I didn't exactly do a happy dance in the parking lot, but I did flash a big thumbs up to my dad who was sitting on the bench waiting for me. I am so very happy to have some freedom back - it is very annoying to have to ask someone to take you somewhere - especially when your very own car that you are capable of driving, is sitting in the driveway staring at you!

PS: According to my dad, the grouchy examiner failed two people in a row! Glad that I didn't get him.

No comments:

Post a Comment