Friday, March 5, 2010

CHEMO # 8 IS OVER - LAST OF THE EVERY OTHER WEEK CHEMO TREATMENTS

So glad to have this one over. I will now get three whole weeks to recuperate between treatments! No, I won't be sitting around eating bon bon's - I need to do outpatient physical therapy in-between the treatments to help me regain strength and endurance and to keep what I have gained - it is amazing how quickly you lose muscle mass in the hospital. I had a physical therapist come in for an evaluation - she had not seen me in a couple of months and was quite pleased with the many improvements that she saw in me physically. I am really trying to do as much as possible without exhausting myself. I know that if I keep working at it, it will come. You know - there are a lot of places that I will need strength and endurane to walk to for lunch when I get back to work (yes, lunch is always a priority with me:)

This treatment went well - not too many issues or side effects. I am feeling fairly well - a little fatgued. Had a little incident this time around, but I'll give you the details later.

I'll give you an update tomorrow. Happy to be home again - and in the daylight! It will also be nice if the weather is good - the last couple of times that I was out of the hospital it was frigid or snowing out.

Lots of nurses and medical professionals were exceptionally kind to me this time - it always helps. So, as much as I hate being in the hospital, I felt that everyone worked to make it a good experience - but the days go by so slowly!

2 comments:

  1. Deb,
    We are so proud of how you have handled your chemo and the cancer. Your attitude is great. Amazing how you have have come back from the " great scare " you gave us at the end of 2009.
    Can't wait until you can come up to the lake with us.
    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto, Debbie. You're like some poster child for how to battle this disease. Great job!! Keep up the PT.

    ReplyDelete