Saturday, March 6, 2010

CHEMO SPILL

The first night that I as getting the chemo, I had a "chemo spill". I was twisting and turning in bed and accidentally tore the needle out of my chest and port. Well, I have never done that one before! Lucky for me, eventhough I was only half awake and it was 3:15 am, I jumped into action and turned the chemo drip off and immediately used by pajama top to get the dripping chemo off of me as I was using the call button to alert the nurses. Well, they all suited up in their Hazmat suits and blue gloves and came running into the room, but I had pretty much everything under control by the time they got there. It sometimes amazes me how alert I can become in a crisis. The funny thing is that after it was all over, I was a nervous wreck. Lucky for me, no ill effects from the spill - no skin burns or anything. They got the a new needle in and the chemo running again in about an hour, so it all worked out in the end. Although, the next day, everyone in the hospital knew about my chemo spill! I am getting quite a reputation at Franklin Square Hospital!

2 comments:

  1. I have an environmental indemnity for you for that!

    I love my little bat - and he's my color too. Thank you!

    - Dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew that you would like Ice Bat - he is one of my favorites! Debbie

    ReplyDelete