Monday, March 15, 2010

YEAH - REALLY GOOD DAY

Well, today is a really good day for me. It is the first 2nd Monday after a chemo treatment that I am not waiting to go into the hospital for another chemo treatment. Yeah! I have until March 29th to check back into the hospital. Yeah! I will still be in the hospital one week of every month, but it is sooo much better than two weeks of every month. And, best of all, I am feeling very well. Very few side effects at this time. A little fatigue, but not as bad as it was.

I have lots of stuff to accomplish during this non-treatment time, but at least I have the time out of the hospital to have all these physical therapy appointments, etc. I have already started the physical therapy/rehabilitation to regain strength and endurance (most of which was lost during the coma). I am doing much better on the stairs and can stand for longer periods of time. According to the therapist, a lot of what I need is repetition - I have to do this series of exercises twice a day - so far I have ben very dedicated to my exercises - I want my endurance back!

I have been very busy lately. Aside from all the appointments, I have visited with some co-workers and friends. I have had a couple of meals in restaurants and I have been to the grocery store and to Target. I know - not all that exciting, but so much more than I have done in a long long time, so exciting stuff for me. Actually, I always enjoy visitors! It is so much fun to catch up on other people's lives and not be the center of conversation (or rather my disease be the center of conversation). It is also nice to do mundane, "normal" things like picking up a few items at Target. It almost feels foreign to me - it has all been so long since I have done these kinds of things. Anyway, I am really enjoying my time out of the hospital - no, the path to recovery is not over yet - there is still quite a lot of it in front of me, but it just hasn't been as bumpy of a path these days and I am very very thankful for the smoother path.

No comments:

Post a Comment