Thursday, August 19, 2010

ANOTHER PRESENT FROM ANOTHER NURSE

I have to say, that all the nurses at Franklin Square Hospital, especially the chemo nurses have been exceptionally kind and caring to me. Of course, there is the occasional oddball or bad moment, but for the most part, absolutely wonderful nurses. Well, as per my prior blogs, some of the nurses have given me really special presents. I have probably forgotten to blog about all of them, but I know that I mentioned a few. Well, I received another present in the mail from a nurse and it was super special. It shows just how well some people listen. Nurse Joann happened to drop by my hospital room on the day that I had the origami breakthrough (previous blog) and I gave her one of the origami cranes and told her the story of how I wanted to someday make a dragon. Well, she must really be a good listener and have a super good memory. She found a "Mythical Creature Origami Book and Gift Set" and sent it to me! Can you imagine finding that and remembering that someone told you that she wanted to make an origami dragon??? Amazing. Anyway, the kit actually has a completed origami dragon in it. Too fabulous! I have been too busy with doctors appointments and getting my stuff in order to go back to the hospital for treatment next week, but I will be working on that dragon as soon as I can. I can't stop thinking about it. What a special gift and so very thoughtful! I have met some of the most wonderful people during this difficult time in my life. I will write more later - I have some other stories to tell before going back to the hospital. Keep the positive thoughts coming my way - the light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter!

No comments:

Post a Comment