Monday, August 30, 2010

RECOVERY - Just the beginning

I know that this will sound crazy, but I woke up this morning with the thought that I would be perfectly well again (okay, it was a slim hope, but I did think it for a minute). I am a practical person and I know that I am not cured or completely recovered just because my chemotherapy treatments are over - I just wanted it to work that way! Well, That is the way things work in the movies on the Lifetime and Hallmark channels, but not in real life! I woke up feeling all the usual ways that I feel the first Monday out of chemotherapy - fatigued, a little disoriented, out of sorts, kind of sore all over, yucky mouth, weak, etc. I guess the real difference today, from all those other times, is that I know that in three more weeks I won't wake up on a Monday morning waiting for the call from the hospital to be admitted. I still have a lot of recovery ahead of me, but chemotherapy treatments are behind me and that was a real good feeling to wake up to this morning! I am sure thatI have lots of recovery ahead of me, but it is good to know that some of the worst of it is behind me. I just have to continue to focus on one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment