Friday, August 27, 2010

FINAL CHEMO TREATMENT IS OVER!

It has been a long week - every moment in the hospital this time seemed like an hour. Everything went well and the nurses were great, it was just that I was anxious to be DONE with chemotherapy. And I am! I can not explain all of the feelings that are flowing through me right now - joy, happiness, fear, anxiety, and many many more. Chemotherapy is over, but there is still a ways to go before my journey to recovery is over. I will spend this weekend enjoying and savoring the feeling of happiness and completion and I will wait until Monday to think of all that I still have ahead of me.

As most of you know, the chemotherapy treatments started way back on November 1, 2009 (brain surgery was in October 2009). I have now spent most of all four seasons in chemotherapy treatment. I am anxious to enjoy the last few days of summer and am totally hoping to enjoy the Fall this year (most of Fall last year is very vague!).

I thank everyone for all of their support through the first two phases of my recovery - brain surgery and chemotherapy. Both phases were tough and I could not have done it alone, and luckily for me, I didn't have to. I also ask that you continue to support me in the remainder of my journey to recovery. I am hoping that the strength and knowledge that I have gained during the beginning of this journey holds fast and keeps me on the right path. I know that there are no certainties, but I also know that I will tackle every obstacle to the best of my abilities.

I will fill you in later in the week on some of the events during my hospital stay and keep you informed of my progress. Thank you all again and know that you are in my thoughts and prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment