Sunday, August 22, 2010

TIME FLIES BETWEEN TREATMENTS

I know, I had an additional week between treatments this time, but the time seemed to go even faster than usual! The fatigue was a lot worse this time, so I did spend a lot of time sleeping and napping and resting. But I also did a few really fun things. Over the last few weeks, I have caught up or visited with some good friends and family. I got out to lunch a couple of times and I went to a couple of dinners with various good friends. I saw a movie ("Eat, Pray, Love"), visited my sister and her family, visited my cousins and took care of some things at my house (some pleasant and some not so pleasant (the basement flood, etc.). I was also able to celebrate a friends 50th birthday. It was great to be part of such a good celebration - time to catch up with old friends, eat good food and share great conversations and some pretty good memories. It was really nice to feel well enough to attend the party and to be a part of all of the fun. I even danced a song or two!

I tried to cram as much as possible into the last few weeks - I hate being in the hospital for treatments. I also had to take care of the "other" stuff - doctors appointments, evaluations, bill paying, MVA paperwork, etc. BUT, chemotherapy treatments are almost over. Soon, very soon.


I'll be in touch again after treatment!

No comments:

Post a Comment