Sunday, February 7, 2010

BLIZZARD OF 2010

The entire state was in a panic yesterday. And we really did have record breaking snow fall. The snow and wind were crazy and the roads treacherous. I wasn't going anywhere, so it really didn't matter to me, but I did feel like a trapped animal in the house all day and everytime I put the television on, some weather person was making a big deal about the storm. I felt bad because I couldn't go out and help shovel - Dad was out off and on all day trying to unblock the cars. He is worried about me getting to my blood work appointment on Monday morning. I have no idea what is going on at my house - I doub that my neighbor could have shoveled my snow - it was just too much.

Dave, Bonnie and Ryan came by late in the evening in the tractor to help with the driveway - Mom sent them home with a piece of chocolate cake to snack on in the car. We mad the chocolate cake earlier in the day - apparently it is the thing to do on a snowy day - bake a cake. The snow covered trees look absolutely beautiful today - the sun is shining and the snow glistening - winter wonderland. Lots of people have been walking by - everyone has cabin fever. The real problem is that there is no where to put all the snow and it is piled up really high - just wait until we get more on Tuesday and Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment