Friday, February 5, 2010

HOME FROM HOSPITAL - CHEMO #6 IS OVER

Well they just about threw me out of the hospital today (much to my pleasure). The big impending blizzard had everyone concerned and they were discharging as many patients as possible. All the nurses were making arrangements to sleep at the hospital and/or nearby hotels and I needed to get to the Cancer Treatment Center for a needle (that the insurance company would not allow me to get in the hospital) before they closed early due to the snow. We made it to the Cancer Treatment Center on time and they adminstered the needle (a neublasta shot for white blood cells - burns like hell going in, but quick). Well, it was not snowing when we left the hospital, so we were able to get some lunch and when I got home the fatigue set in (or the lack of sleep from the hospital - they woke me up every three hours for the after chemo flush meds last night), so I went home and slept in my soft bed like a baby. It is nice to be home - much better than being stuck in the hospital all weekend!

Additional information on my new treatment schedule will follow.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Deb~

    So glad you made it home before the BIG snow. I know you'll get some rest and I'm sure the food is much better too. Stay warm!!
    Love, Joyce

    ReplyDelete