Saturday, February 20, 2010

ELIZABETH LARGE

I know that I have been out of touch with the world for a while, but I had no idea that Elizabeth Large, Restaurant Critic at The Sunpaper, was retiring. I will miss her columns ( had just gotten into her blog). I didn't always agree with her - but she always had an interesting take on things. Maybe I need to contact The Sun to see if they want me to take her place - I would love to eat in restaurants for free (even if I have to eat funky stuff that I don't like)! I love to comment on meals and service and stuff like that - I'm sure that a lot of you have been annoyed with my constant picking apart or glowing review of a restaurant or particular dish - although I am worried, my tastebuds are not quite what they used to be and it is hard to judge fine food when most of it tastes like sawdust. The chemo treatment schedule might be a problem for The Sun, but hey, I love to eat and I have a blog - so I am halfway there.

Note to Venable's Real Estate Group - Don't worry, I am not looking for another job - maybe just an interesting hobby. I promise not to leave the exciting world of real estate to become a food critic - the way the newspapers are going these days - The Sun clearly has no job security! Also, I am sure that I can eat and blog in my spare time after taking care of all my real estate duties. I guess that I also have to worry about becomng "big as a house" - I do love to eat and having someone pay me to eat would probably be a very bad thing for me! I just need to get to the end of this path to recovery and then I can comment on restaurants, even if it is only for fun!!

1 comment:

  1. I had the same reaction. I sure hope they replace her although knowing the Sun, they will view it as an opporunity to save costs. I have gotten into the top ten list published on Wednesday.

    Ed

    ReplyDelete