Friday, January 22, 2010

CHEMO 5 IS OVER - I am now at my parents

This is the first time that I was discharged from the hospital during the daylight! What a nice surprise. My levels were a little elevated, but the doctor was certain that they were dropping and was sure that a night in my own bed would be better than another night in the hospital. I totally agree. They are being very careful and I have to go to the treatment center for lab work on both Monday and Wednesday - they are not taking any chances. I am on thee different antibiotics and a mess of other stuff - no one wants to see me get an infection! Just driving home lifted my spirits! I feel pretty good today, just fatigued. No mouth sores. For the most part, food tastes like sawdust or straight sugar, so eating is not fun - which is tough for me - I really do love food and apparently I will be missing Baltimore's winder Restaurant Week!

Oh well, the summer one is just around the corner. The days in the hospital seem to go on forever, but the days at home fly by - I just wish that I left the hospital feeling as strong as when I get there! I am still working on my endurance - but the chemo weakens me and is a a setback, but I'll work hard this week to regain the strength that I lost. I did pretty good coming up the steps into the house, so that was a good sign. I will give more details and updates later. Thank you all for your support during this treatment.

3 comments:

  1. Deb,
    You are a real trooper! I am so glad you were able to come home at a descent time. Sorry I couldn't come by this treatment, but better to stay away when sick, still fighting this head cold. Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Restaurant week in the summer is better anyway - at least I think it is. Dining outside on a summer evening - I'm ready!
    J

    ReplyDelete