Monday, January 25, 2010

UPDATE

In case you talked to me or my family in the last few days, I am finally feeling better and stronger. The last couple of days, I have been exhausted and very fatigued - or a big slug on the sofa, as I like to call myself. I was like that most of today and then all of a sudden, after dinner, I got some energy. Yeah! I am hoping to wake up with some energy tomorrow. It is really weird how the fatigue takes over your body - one minute I am talking and the next minute I can't move off the sofa or keep my eyes open! (PS: It is not an excuse to get out of doing chores!:) I think that I have mention that walking up and down steps are a problem - I am getting a little stronger and did real good getting in and out of the house today to go for blood work. Up is a lot harder than down! Today was the first day that I went up and down without a break in-between. I am working with two pound weights with my arms (woo - hoo - gym membership here I come) and am doing pretty good. My parents use these giant soup bowls for tea cups and for a while, I couldn't drink out of one - now I can! Anyway, there is lots of improvement going on in my well being. I have an MRI and DR appointment later in the week, I'll keep you informed when I have any updates.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Deb
    So glad to hear you're feeling stronger. You are truly amazing!! If all goes well my Mom and I may stop by and see you on Friday:).
    Keeping you in my prayers ~
    Love, Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Debbie it's Mary - Glad your having a good day. I'll talk to you later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I check this blog and see that you have put something up here I know that you have at least some energy! I am so happy you decided to do this. Keep up the good work and that great sense of humor! You go girl! !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Debbie, it's Australia. I was so glad to hear about this blog and as I was reading I see you still have a good sense of humor. You are truly one hell of a trooper. I will continue to keep you in my prayers. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debbie,

    Two pounds weights - watch out! I wanted to drop a note to say that I am thinking of you often and missing your cheerful presence here. In the meantime, your blogs are a great way to make me feel like we are still in touch.

    Keep pumping the iron.

    Hoping to see you soon,
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debbie, I finally figured out how to access your blog (ok, Mary did it for me) and am happy to be able to keep up with how everthing is going. I think of you all the time and miss you. I hope to be able to stop by and see you soon. Hang in there. Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  7. Deb,

    Hey, girl! Between Bonnie and Joyce, I've been kept up to date on the progress. I LOVE reading your blog! You should write for a magazine! I hope you don't mind, but I have a friend at work that is going through this with his brother...so I forwarded him the address so he could read (and possibly share with his brother) your positive messages. I have a feeling I'm not the only person to have done this....so whenever you have the energy and inspiration (good or bad), please share it with the rest of us. You have a large fan base!! :)

    Don't let it go to your head, though. Remember the little people...like Bonnie (he he)

    I love ya, girl!

    Amy (aka Amos aka stealer of Mr. Ed's ice cream)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Amy. You, your mom and sisters have been amazing friends for a whole lot of years - I won't mention how many years, it would reveal our ages! Growing up, we had the best neighbors, so many wacky memories - good and bad -your mom watching us while my mom worked; a rainbow wedding, and lots of other weddings; pictures on the porch before proms and ring dances and school events; your mom's famous hamburgers; Eileen and I actually worked catering together; hanging in the alley, moped trouble, boy problems (mainly Bonnie and Becky). It would take hours to recount all the stories!

    Please share the Blog with anyone who wants to read it - I was sort of shocked that anyone would want to read it, but they seem to like it. There was a few moments in my life that I thought that I would work for a newspaper as a reporter - I took a journalism class in college. Even back then, it all seemed a little too cut-throat, and maybe I was just lazy, but I never pursued it. PS: I laugh every time I think of the ice cream story! Debbie

    ReplyDelete