Saturday, January 2, 2010

FELLOWSHIP

FELLOWSHIP is not a word that is used very often anymore.  To me, it is the Fellowship of the Rings from the J.R.R. Tolkien books.  When I was in the induced coma, Tom, my former husband and dear friend read to me from the Lord of the Rings - we met at Loyola College in a Fantasy Literature Class and it was one of the series of books that we read together.  We also saw the movies together over the years.  They are the kind of books and movies that you really have to be interested in to fully appreciate and it is great when you have someone else to watch or read with who feels the same way that you do.  I bring up the Fellowship because I wanted everyone to know that during my ordeal, I never felt alone.  I always felt surrounded by my own Fellowship - much like that of Frodo's - my Fellowship could not always be with me and only my body could battle the platelets and bacterial infection, but I was never alone  AND most importantly, I know that I was never alone.  I felt a strong presence the entire time that I was in the hospital - I know that the presence was a combination of both spiritual beings and my family and friends that make up my Fellowship.  Some of them were there by my side - from Vermont and New Jersey and Abingdon and Rosedale, and Baltimore and White Marsh and others were only there in spirit and thoughts, but were surrounding me nonetheless.   I have said it before, and I want everyone to know and believe that I am a very fortunate woman.  I would like for this horrible disease and treatments to have bypassed me, but it didn't and there is nothing that I can do about it, but deal with it in the most positive efficient way that I can - and I am trying to do just that.  But I know that I have so much more love and support than so many others, so in many many ways I am better able to handle these trials.  I don't know what I would have done to have awaken from the induced coma with no one by my side (physically and/or spiritually), but I didn't have to deal with that - I was surrounded with love and positive thoughts and people that loved me and were rooting for me.  It is an amazing feeling and I am truly blessed to have so much love and friendship and caring in my life.   This battle is not nearly done and I know that there will be other tough times, but I also know that I am never alone and that I have so much help, that I will just have to get through each trial as it comes to the best of my ability.  I owe that to myself and to my entire Fellowship!  For those who traveled great distances in snow storms and for those who sent me there energy, I thank you all for your love and support and truly appreciate all that you did for me and most especially for my family who has really suffered from this latest ordeal! 

No comments:

Post a Comment